Updated: Aug 11, 2018
Acupuncture, as part of a comprehensive weight loss program, is an amazing complementary therapy to lose weight! Often times, being over-weight is attributed to just eating too much and exercising too little. Though valid to some extent, this oversimplification misses the reality that being over-weight often has very much to do with the body not functioning optimally. This goes way beyond just eating too many calories or not exercising three times a week in your local gym. Though the number one thing we can do to get our bodies back in balance is to make and integrate life-enhancing choices in regards to food, sleep, movement, light and thought processes, we can incorporate acupuncture treatments to effectively facilitate this process.
10 Reasons Why Acupuncture Helps
1. It balances the entire system.
2. It promotes digestion.
3. It enhances the utilisation or uptake of nutrients.
4. It corrects any unusual retention (i.e. water, stool).
5. It curbs extreme hunger and cravings.
6. It regulates hormones and enzymes related to weight, specifically Leptin, Insulin, Cortisol, Estrogen, Ghrelin, and CCK.
7. It regulates sleep.
8. It improves adaptability to stress.
9. It aids emotional equilibrium.
10. It strengthens the function of the organ systems involved in weight maintenance.
With acupuncture, we help the body find a new homeostasis that involves optimal functioning of all systems of the body. This, together with optimization of lifestyle choices, provide a powerful framework to lose weight and and feel good in your own body.
"I am an Acupuncturist / TCM Practitioner proudly serving the Zürich, Switzerland area with acupuncture and other TCM modalities for weight loss."
- Angella Kirby